Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yay new Genre

Its called The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge and its a Steampunk fiction. Its like a Paranormal reality and it was AMAZING!! Strong and brave Female heroine and theres a little romance but its not the point of the book (Thanks!!) It was almost impossible to put down..And its intricate on details which makes it a little more difficult for a YA book but it was worth the amount of attention it took. (I also want to thank Call Of Duty Black Ops or I would have never been able to finish this when my husband was home and I had such a hard time putting it down.)

Theres enough surprises to keep you guessing on what might happen next but it has a familiarity to it by being placed in Massachusetts. Its basically her race to save her brother and father in this and to save herself from turning to a "madness" that affects her family members on their sixteenth birthday.

It ended neatly but abruptly, But its ok because its the first of a series...

All I can really say is it needs to be read. This is Caitlin's first YA book so I'm going to get her other ones and see if her writing style is the same. I'm really enjoying this steampunk genre. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment