Monday, March 14, 2011

I go through these too quickly...

Another day, Another book

Dead Beautiful - Yvonne Woon, just another paranormal romance book...After this next book I'm switching to coming of age books because I'm tired of comparing every book to every other book...

So about the new one. You know, kind of a disappointment. About zombies, main character is of course a female, and the guy shes in love with is paranormal and mysterious. Loved it till the end. I was guessing about how things would turn out but it didn't end up the way I thought it would which was nice but it could have been so much more. I feel like the author just stopped wanting to write it and quickly finished the book. I give her respect and will go on to read more of her books because this is her first one and it does show potential. I just wish it had been a little more dramatic. I kept comparing it to twilight and another book which I have forgotten the name of. (Damn my mental library system.) Anyways, Altogether an Ok read. I would suggest it for a 12-14 audience of girls but anyone older that that is going to get irritated quickly. I was captivated begining towards the last bit of the middle where it suddenly and quite abruptly ended. It might still have the potential to open up as a series but I highly doubt it by the way the crammed the last few chapters with a neatly formated and undetailed ending. Dante, Rene's "boyfriend" isnt as captivating as he could have been and rather irritating. I think the only absolutely amazing part is the ideas about the undead and soul sharing and such which must have been the reason more effort wasnt put into the characters. All I can say is, I want another one Yvonne!

No comments:

Post a Comment