Sunday, March 13, 2011

Commentary on said book list.

Figured I'd start blogging about the books I read since I read around 10 a week...Not gunna be that way for much longer now that I'm working and school will be starting in fall.

Last book update!

The Hallow and The Haunted by Jessica Verday. May I say that the trilogy will be much better read when all three are finally out....It was a little hard to get into unfortunately, but after forcing myself to sit still long enough to get through the first 4 pages I was hooked. Abbey, the main character, is an amazing girl. Her parents allow her a lot more freedom that mine ever did and she realizes her parents trust in her. Her every-so-often remarks about her parents being good ones are so observant that I respect her even more.
But its Caspian that got me hooked. I absolutely fell in love with him. He was romantic and thoughtful in a more shy and cute way. (I really don't want to compare this to twilight so bare with me, I'm trying hard not to.) Hes so amazingly mysterious that I want to climb into the book, shove her aside, and leap into his arms. Hes not old fashioned about his gentlemanly behavior which is cute because its not all serious and straight forward. Hes playful and witty yet young and shy. Hes so hilarious too...Oh my gosh he had me rolling around crying, hugging my side and gasping for breath all at the same time.
Poor Ben....
I was a little upset about how long it took to introduce certain characters and that Kristen was really dead instead of just hidden away, but I realize thats what makes Abbey special and strong. I liked the Legend twist though. Reminded me just a little of Blue Girl. But only because of the fact that Abbey is in love with a ghost.
For some reason I want to call Abbey - Maddy and its driving me insane cause I keep calling her that.
Ahh paranormal romance, You have me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment